• facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminMotoEye Support (Admin, MotoEye) commented  · 

Hi Paul,
        It's not so easy to do. You wouldn't like to share your data in some cases and this functionality needs a second thought. We wanted to give the user a choice of presented data displayed/rendered on screen when playing back the movie. Like a checklist of things user want to see on the overlay. It is still our priority and will be available some time in the future (hopefully near).
        Best,
        Adam

• Paul T commented  · 

Fair comment with the restrictions imposed.

Is it possible to display the data presented during recording i.e speed etc? Seems odd not to have a filter option to overlay this on the playback. Why bother to show it during recording in the first place if it can't be seen playback.

I think you guys are working on lean angle data collection, if so it would be worth putting this on a video filter.

• AdminMotoEye Support (Admin, MotoEye) commented  · 

@Paul: unfortunately that’s limitation of iOS SDK which doesn’t allow to record videos when screen is off - since we have to play by the rules, there is no way around that - at least for now

• Paul T commented  · 

Just playing around again with the video... is there any way to allow the video footage to record after pressing the iPhone pwr/sleep button (blackens the screen) as it kills the recording. This would be nice to make recording less of a distraction whilst riding and save on battery too. I have background app refresh enabled FYI.

• Paul T commented  · 

Add night mode for video function (just like on a satnav in terms of dark map colours and perhaps removing white text in favour of green etc).

Feedback and Knowledge Base